Friday, July 8, 2011

Some Encouragement for Others

During our 3 week waiting period, there were so many verses and song lyrics that spoke truth into my life.  I needed major encouragement during that time, and I got it through Scripture and songwriters.  Many of us go through various trials in our life, and I wanted today's post to not only be a place for me to remember, but hopefully to encourage others of you going through a difficult time.
  We went "home" to Birmingham each weekend to be encouraged by friends and family and to get our minds off of the constant worry.  School went great for me.  I had so many people praying for my strength and my students were amazing.  They didn't know about what was going on, but God gave me the perfect class for my situation.  They were wonderful!  Jarod continued looking for jobs and interviewing, trying to keep his mind off of things as well.  Many of the verses came from cards we got in the mail nearly every day, our meals came from teachers at school and well, to be honest, sleep came from a benadryl each night. :)  God continued to be our strength and got us through each day with an overwhelming peace.  As the three weeks came to a close, I had confidence that God would go before us into that ultrasound room and that He had an ultimate plan that I could not understand.
  Today I will leave you with the scriptures and song lyrics that were my strength for 3 weeks of my life.  I pray that for any of you going through a difficult time, you can cling to these truths.

  "Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory.  And I know there will be days, when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain."   Bring the Rain by Mercy Me

  "No matter what, I'm gonna love You, no matter what, I'm gonna need You.  I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain, but if not, if not, I'll trust you, no matter what!"
       No Matter What by Kerri Roberts

"I believe You're my Healer, I believe You are all I need.  I believe You're my Portion, I believe You're more than enough for me.  Jesus You're all I need.  Nothing is impossible for you, nothing is impossible for You, nothing is impossible for you.  You hold my world in your hands."  
     Healer by Hillsong

"Be still and KNOW that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you & learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28-29

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial,  because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  James 1:12

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23



No comments:

Post a Comment