Friday, August 19, 2011

New York, New York!!!

When Jarod got the job with Delta, we decided we would take a trip to New York City for our "baby-moon."  I had been when I was 12 with my grandparents at Christmas time, and really wanted Jarod to be able to experience New York during the holidays.
  I drove from Nashville to Atlanta on a Friday morning, dropped my things at our apartment and headed to Jarod's office so we could head to the airport.  We left Friday afternoon, got to the city, caught a bus to our hotel and began walking around.  We found a nice restaurant in Times Square and finally sat down to dinner around 11:30.  11:30 isn't very late to eat dinner in the city that never sleeps. :)  After that,we headed back to the hotel for a little sleep.
  The next day we woke up and headed out to tour the city.  First, we found this great little bakery around the corner from our hotel.  We indulged ourselves in yummy pastries and coffee then we walked to Rockefeller Center to look at the huge Christmas tree, and the ice skating.  Then we headed toward 5th avenue for some shopping.  We spent the most time in FAO Schwartz purchasing gifts for our precious nephews and brother-in-law.  Of course, Harper Kate got an elephant from FAO Schwartz that stays in her crib with her.  We checked out the massive Apple Store, H&M, and some other fun stores.  We had lunch in Central Park and took a rest.  Then, we headed down to Times Square to grab some tickets for a Broadway show that evening.  We got some tickets for Promises, Promises and continued to tour around.  We walked down to the Macy's store to check out the windows all decorated for Christmas.  They are so neat!  All the displays tell a story.  This year it was Charlie Brown and the windows truly are a masterpiece.  We then grabbed a quick dinner and headed to the show.  After the show, I wanted to take Jarod to Serendipity for dessert.  We walked all the way down there, but when we arrived, we realized the wait was about 2 hours.  We knew we had to get up about 4:00 a.m., to head to the airport, so we chose to not wait until 1:00 am for dessert. :) haha...
  Sunday morning came all too quickly...We woke up early and headed to the airport.  Since we fly stand-by, the later flights were all full, so we took the early morning flight home to Atlanta.
  It was a quick trip, but we had a blast.  I loved spending one last trip with Jarod as our lives were about to change. :)  It was great to see New York, not as a child, but experience it as an adult.  Here are some pictures from our final trip as a family of 2. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We love NY! I would love to go around Christmastime.